The UIC Flames (11-18, 3-15 MVC) hope to break a nine-game road losing streak when they visit the Evansville Purple Aces (5-24, 1-17 MVC) on Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. In this article, we analyze the Evansville vs. UIC odds and lines around this game.
The Purple Aces and the Flames meet with no line currently set for the matchup.
Evansville’s record against the spread so far this season is 10-18-1, and UIC’s is 15-11-2. The Purple Aces have hit the over in 18 games, while Flames games have gone over 14 times. Evansville has a 4-5-1 record against the spread while going 1-9 overall in the past 10 contests. UIC has gone 4-4-2 against the spread and 2-8 overall in its last 10 games.
As college basketball matchups continue, prepare for the contest with everything you need to know ahead of Wednesday’s game.
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Evansville vs. UIC prediction
UIC 70, Evansville 68
Against the spread
- Evansville is 10-18-1 ATS this season.
- UIC is 15-11-2 ATS this season.
- The Purple Aces score 9.1 fewer points per game (62.4) than the Flames allow (71.5).
- When Evansville puts up more than 71.5 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- When UIC allows fewer than 62.4 points, it is 4-0-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- The Flames score 8.1 fewer points per game (67.1) than the Purple Aces give up to opponents (75.2).
- When it scores more than 75.2 points, UIC is 5-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- Evansville is 6-2 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it allows fewer than 67.1 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
Players to watch
- Kenny Strawbridge posts 14.3 points and 2.1 assists per game — both team highs. He is also putting up 3.6 rebounds while shooting 38.5% from the floor.
- Marvin Coleman leads the Purple Aces at 2.8 assists per game, while also averaging 5.2 rebounds and 11.1 points.
- Yacine Toumi paces the Purple Aces at 5.9 rebounds per contest, while also averaging 1.2 assists and 10.4 points.
- Jace Carter is posting a team-high 16.3 points per game. And he is contributing 6.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists, making 45.1% of his shots from the field and 28.6% from beyond the arc, with 1.7 triples per game.
- Toby Okani is the Flames’ top rebounder (6.9 per game), and he contributes 11.5 points and 2.3 assists.
- Trevante Anderson is putting up a team-leading 3.5 assists per contest. And he is delivering 12.7 points and 3.0 rebounds, making 35.8% of his shots from the field and 34.5% from beyond the arc, with 1.9 treys per game.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com and BetFTW. Please gamble responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).